View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1968: Part 1

Candy - I've decided that comedic satire is a genre that just goes over my head. This trippy 60's example has cameos from Richard Burton, Marlon Brando, James Coburn, John Huston and Ringo Starr. The only thing it’s got going for it is Ewa Aulin who plays (eye) Candy.

Le Viol du Vampire - Rollins first feature and one of the first 'Redemption' videos I ever bought. Alas not one of my favourites from the director.

2001 A Space Odyssey - Review: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Destroy All Monsters - Earth is under attack from an alien race that takes control of all the Earth monsters and cause them to attack major cities. But when the alien control is broken the monsters take it upon themselves to fight back then the aliens bring in their space monster King Ghidorah. There all here, Godzilla, his son, Mothra, Rodan and a few others!

Tarzan and the Jungle Boy - Mike Henry's third and final Tarzan picture. His experience as Weintraub's jungle lord hadn't been a good one, Dysentery, Chimp bites, exhaustion and fever had left him feeling that his health was more important. However the role was already taken up by Ron Ely who was the Tarzan of the small screen. After 36 years as a staple of cinema action and adventure the franchise on the big screen came to an end. Ely's Tarzan would appear in two cinema outings that were nothing more than episodes from his TV series cobbled together. A few Spanish Tarzan films would be made between 1969 and 1974 but the next time a big screen outing for the jungle wouldn’t be until 1981 when Miles O'Keeffe would put on the loin cloth opposite his Jane...Bo Derek.

The Love Bug - And the Volkswagen Beetle forever became known as Herbie! Never seen this before, (or any of them), I was never into Disney pictures but I enjoyed it.

Vixen! - This I enjoyed more than I thought I would, again first time seeing it. This was one of the first pictures to receive the new 'X' rating.

Live A Little, Love A Little - A Presley movie that isn't too bad(ish). Director Norman Taurog's last picture bringing to an end a long association with Elvis that began with G.I Blues back in 1960 as well as a directorial career that began in 1920.

Yellow Submarine - A hippy trippy animated affair. Not keen on the style but the music was great.

Villa Rides - Originally this was supposed to be a Sam Peckinpah project but Yul Brynner who played Villa didn't like the way Peckinpah envisioned the Mexican revolutionary and so had him replaced. I can’t help but wonder if the 'Wild Bunch' director’s vision might have been better. This isn't a bad movie it does have a few comedic touches but it lacks grit!