View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2015, 04:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Love Film has sent me Bleeder.

...the second non-horror in a row! My fault this time though as I'd added it to my list so long ago that I'd just assumed it was a horror flick when I was re-organising my priority categories for October's viewing. It is in fact an intense Danish drama directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

I should be able to squeeze in Trick 'r Treats (the '80s babysitter terroriser) later though... especially as I managed to watch both Prom Night II AND Sorority House Massacre last night.

I rather enjoyed Prom Night II - some interesting supernatural shenanigans and effects work among the atypical '80s high school cheese. It's also quite unapologetically nasty and crude in places, which I liked. It was better than expected and an improvement on the first entry in many ways. Sorority House Massacre was derivative nonsense* (Carpenter's Halloween being the victim here) but was inexplicably rather entertaining in places so wasn't a total dud.

*well, more blatant in its derivation than the bulk of 'copycat' slashers are anyway