View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2015, 06:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Like the last paragraph, when i say that to people they just tell me to shut up i dont know what im talking about, I 100% agree honestly think for years most films are rubbish crap etc.
Years ago i took ages in deciding what to watch because so many films took my fancy. And i went cinema quite often.
Now im opposite way round i cant decide what to watch because barely owt takes my fancy. And last time i went cinema was raid 2.
Yes there is some good film out there, but the standard is so bad that even that half of what we enjoy isnt that good its just good compared to whats on offer, and thats why i like site like these so resort a lot from word off mouth as well, for ones that slip the net.
Give me old films from years ago anyday,
Years ago the film was all about the story, suspense atmopshere, music etc etc
Now its all about as much crash bang wallop, explosions, big name stars, cgi, huge budget, that a lot of times they forget the real ingrediants as mentioned above
Ive watched films that offered just that and i was bored senseless, and watched films that where slow and didnt offer much going on but where really good
Imo thats why j horror become so popular because they got it right and gave you what you want, good story, atmosphere, tension etc etc without even resorting to bucket loads or ott violence and gore.
or im ijust getting old and not apreciating films nowadays??
Thing is, a terrible piece of shit like Annabelle makes a fortune, and something with a bit more class, thats not all about jump scares like Crimson peak fails spectacularly. Where's the incentive for Hollywood?
In the good old days, films that bombed had the opportunity to succeed on home video, however that sort of second chance is fading somewhat courtesy of streaming and downloading.

EDIT: Would also mention Sicario which was a great film.