View Single Post
Old 29th October 2015, 10:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
@Macblayne

Scream is still very good in my opinion. That opening segment was probably the scariest sequence i've sat through in a cinema. It's a shame the film never actually gets better than the first fifteen minutes.

I thought Cabin in the Woods to be terrible. So smug to the point of being almost unwatchable.
I always found the horror scenes in Scream to be quite effective. And yes, the opening scene is terrifying. I'm not sure why I found the film to be smug though as I saw no real evidence of it last night. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I first saw it and thought the dialogue about PG-13 relationships and comparing their lives to horror film characters was overly-cute bullshit (I still don't like those dialogue moments but it doesn't antagonise me anymore).

The Cabin in the Woods brings my piss to a boil. The musings of an utter twat who thinks he's figured out the genre. I just tell people to watch Tucker and Dale VS Evil as it's a much funnier and cleverer twist on the formula - Tucker and Dale are only thought to be crazy hillbillies by a group of teenagers who think they have the horror genre figured out.