View Single Post
Old 15th November 2015, 09:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Signal ( 2014)
the-signal.jpg

Been meaning watch this for quite a while and finally did last night and was mightily impressed. I love unique, thought provoking films that stretch your imagination, TEST your thought processes, ask ' what if' and get you see plausibility in the fantastic and this film did this for me.

There is a nice balance in this film of action scenes, suspense, bizarreness and good story line.
signal explosion.jpg

Several times throughout the film I thought I had a handle on proceedings only to change my mind. It keeps you guessing (well it did me!) from the off when several young people try track down a hacker who had messed with their college server then it goes rapidly down the twilight zone rabbit hole.

Talking of rabbit holes, Laurence Fishburne always steals the scenes whatever he is in when he just looks and talks calmly and slowly, he certainly has screen presence and brings this in bucket loads here, very eerie.
signal table.jpg

If you have not seen this, like Sci-Fi with an original script, appreciate when a small budget has been utilised very well and like guessing at proceedings then do yourself a favour and watch it (I am sure most on here have already. Recommended.