View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I think most of us have those films that we go back to and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't be a cause of shame. I love ridiculous comedy such as Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, I love teen movies like She's All That and Clueless and I absolutely love beyond all doubt Grease and Grease 2. However last night I was more than happy to sit down and watch The Enigma of Kasper Hauser!
Everyone has their favourites which conventional (or 'cult') society thinks must be deemed a guilty pleasure, but there should be no guilt in terms of what we like (and that goes for all walks of life) as it just breeds repression.

Plus, I think our very own Stephen may have found a kindred spirit in yourself due to your love of Grease 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Speaking of developing tastes, this also works in reverse much to my displeasure when I last tried to watch a firm childhood favourite of mine The Goonies and really struggled to get through it!
Totally emphasise with this one - I'm the same in reference to The Monster Squad though... which I notice has been posted about above. I watched it as an 'adult' and didn't rate it much at all (I actually recently revisited it as part of my Halloween viewing this year and just can't buy into it as much as the people who grew up with it must do). Some films are just a product of their time or targeted towards a set age group which sometimes if watched outside of the this age/time just doesn't translate for a lot of folk.