View Single Post
Old 27th November 2015, 10:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Last Night I went to an Italian Horror film double-bill here in Liverpool.

It was interesting to watch films that I usually see on my own on my TV, projected on a large screen with other people in the room. It was a very small cinema and it was my first visit, it holds 60 people and it was probably about 2/3's full and not everyone stayed for both films and unsurprisingly there were more for Inferno than Blood & Black Lace.

However those people who came late missed out, watching these 2 films back to back only highlights Inferno's shortcomings. Inferno is not a bad film, but it suffers greatly (more so than Suspiria) by not having a storyline. Woman goes into basement, get's killed and brother comes to investigate is a loose narrative even by Argento's standards.

It was an enjoyable night though for sure and I have 2 more planned for the next couple of weeks, next up is an old OOP documentary called The Queen which is about the 1960s Drag Queen scene - I'm really looking forward to that. Following that I'm almost giddy in anticipation for John Water's Polyester with scratch and sniff cards!!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky