View Single Post
Old 29th November 2015, 07:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is actually the film which caused my boyfriend to become a vegetarian, while I have declined to change my eating habits that radically because unless everyone does it it's not going to have an effect and let's be honest it's not going to happen in our generation... I have started eating less meat and less dairy than I used to.
I can't remember if it is mentioned in the film, but we (as a population) generally consume much more meat and dairy than we did a generation ago. Because of intensive farming, animals have become much bigger much quicker, and meat is cheaper, so buying a sandwich with lots of different meat from Subway is something that would be unheard of 20 years ago. Going back a little further, most families bought meat on Sundays and made it last the week, but that is no longer the case.

I don't think the message is that everyone needs to become a vegan (I am), but drastically cutting down the amount of meat and dairy humans consume would, cumulatively, have a large impact on the environmental damage caused in order to produce the food.

This interview made me think about milk in a way I hadn't previously considered before: