View Single Post
Old 5th December 2015, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Nothing Has Changed
Oh not another David Bowie compilation cd,yes indeed folks,the thin white duke unleashed another compilation of greatest hits. Actually this came out year last in three different version,single cd,double cd and triple cd version,Basically it takes us thru every phase of his musical; career so far right up until Sue (0r in A season of crime) . There's no real surprises here to be honest and if your Blowie fan then you already got this and many much more of his stuff. The main point of this release being that it spans his career from 1964 to 2014.,which is pretty damn impressive for a solo artist these days , lets see any of those c**ks on x-factor or The Voice last that long let alone a year. There is one big omission in this rather large collection of glam hits and electronica, yes you guessed it no The Laughing Gnome, released in 1967 it would of fitted in nicely on here and apparently re-released in 1973 due to the success of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars,and managed to get to 6 in the UK charts and earned a silver disc in the UK seling 250,000 copies,this was all from internet so it to me.could be wrong be sounds right. He obviously was embarrassed about it at the time but you'd think he'd would of made his peace with the song by now. it does appear on an early compilation The Deram Anthology: 1966-1968 and I'm pretty sure its on the re-mastered re-release of his debut David Bowie (1967 album) the cover of which he remarkably looks like Liam Gallagher. The songs are mostly in there original single mix edit versions, but I'm sure they've all had the old re-mastering treatment some where along the line,Any how its now a £5 in Sainsbury so make a good cd for the car or your collection.
Sounds interesting.

How does it compare to Best of Bowie which i already have?