View Single Post
Old 12th December 2015, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default recent bought

PTDC0011.jpg

The Complete A-Z of Dad's Army paperback

Literally an encyclopaedia of the world Dads Army. Episode guides ,biographies of all the main actors in the series plus actors who had cameos parts. There is also tons of pictures from the series on and off camera. There's some really interesting excerpts from the scripts that reveal things that were cut for editing reasons and also some alternate takes for American broadcast. Richard Webber . Jimmy Perry and David Croft have put huge amount of work into this book,I could not think of a single thing else you would need to know about the series or anything else that related to Dads Army.And I bought the book second-hand in very good condition for less than £4 for the paperback edition.

McQueen's Machines: The Cars and Bikes of a Hollywood Icon
This lovely paperback book is ideal for Steve McQueen fans or just petrol head fanatics, the book looks at motorbikes and cars he has driven in his films and owned in his personal life. Im not sure if it covers every machine he rode or owned but it certainly goes over all the icon stuff.You get the bikes from The Great Escape,the Mustangs from Bullit, plus a wealth of photos of McQueen riding his own vehicles. Also some really cool pictures Chad McQueen, Steve's son with his collection of Mustangs. There is a wealth vintage photo's and plenty of info and background on the bikes and cars. Matt Stone has done great job of compiling all of these and its really nice to see Chad is carrying on with his dads interest in cars.There's a great pic of the two of them on a bike when Chad was only a kid,I don't think anything really gets much cooler than saying your dad was Steve McQueen, Recommended for film and car fans alike. Bought paperback for just over £12.