View Single Post
Old 19th December 2015, 11:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dozens of posts asking whether Nightmares would pass the BBFC uncut. Melon Farmers suggested it was the R-rated version so the internet nearly exploded.

Calum even posted on here to assure people it would be the uncut release and it would sail past the BBFC. Which it clearly did... so fast that they never saw it.

The irony of it all.

Seriously though i don't know the implications for 88 Films. I'm sure now it's been withdrawn it will be submitted and then released. Genuine mistakes do happen it's just life.
Calum has nothing to do with BBFC decisons. I just seem to be a little more clued in than the same people who moan and bitch online about "X title would NEVER pass uncut" (and then it does). Indeed, it was me who pushed Arrow to get Nekromantik, over months of painfully ignorant emails with Francesco Simeoni who was blase to the fact it played, BBFC-approved, at the Leeds Film Festival in 2012. So if you like your Nekromantik 1 and 2 sets give me a good ol' thanks for that.

As with Nightmare, I knew full well it would sail through the BBFC. As I said Emmannuelle and the Last Cannibals would too. But the fact of the matter is that 88 Films simply didn't submit them to the BBFC and began pre-sales on both titles. They got caught and it is all sorted out now.

I need to stress, I live in another continent now and have very little to do with any of this. I watch on from a distance sometimes and chuckle to myself (as when a producer films a half hour piece with himself for a new release, for instance - I'm sure the fans would have LOVED if I ever did that!!) - but otherwise I am nothing more than a friend to 88 Films who chats with the guys socially, occasionally, and continues to wish them the very best.