Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 27th December 2015, 11:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Ants in the Pantry (1936)

Ants in the Pantry 1936
Anybody interested I can highly recommend the Three Stooges Collection,available as a box set or as individual discs,there all in order of releases starting from 1934 to right till 1959,every short film they made for Colombia Pictures.Considering the age of some of these films the picture quality is excellent,no print damage,no scratches no deterioration at all, unfortunately this cannot be said for the Laurel Hardy Hal Roach short features,most look like they have been through a tree shredder,strange ? In fact The Three Stooges Collection is some of the best bits of remastering ive seen,anyone who has bought one of those cheap public domain compilation dvds will know how terrible some of the prints were. Ants in the Pants poses that age old question of who in the hell would employ these three numb skulls, This time around they are pest exterminators ,and they've been told by there boss A.Mouser (what a name) if they don't drum up dome business then there sacked..You dumbkopf!' Seeing the first big posh mansion they come across they decide to invest the place with all sorts of insects and bugs and vermin. I really like the whole premise of this short film, it just gives a perfect excuse for the boys to cause untold havoc and chaos at a very upper class party., don't be conspicuous the waiter tells the boys,so there dressed in riding gear like the other party goers, they look anything but conspicuous .After that its just an excuse for Larry to hit curly with a hammer and people to scratch themselves silly with fleas while Moe goes around with one of those old fashioned pest sprayers.Bizarre moment ,Moe drops Larry into a piano full of cats,much ass kicking and eye poking proceed. In fact Curly gets a nice double slap from Moe .ouchh.

out 5

Gawkins - the Butler: ...and above all, don't be conspicuous!

Moe: Hey, if that conspicerous means what I think it does, I may have to punch you right in the nose.

Curley: Pipe down, it's derived from the Latin, no canna speaka da Ingalish.

Gawkins - the Butler: ...and above all, don't be conspicuous!

Moe: Hey, if that conspicerous means what I think it does, I may have to punch you right in the nose.

Curley: Pipe down, it's derived from the Latin, no canna speaka da Ingalish.