View Single Post
Old 5th January 2016, 08:06 PM
Cult Master

I have missed out on the 'top ten's' up till now, but this one I couldn't let go

My favourites:

1: The Evil Dead - One of the greatest films ever made. Plus, how can anyone NOT have Sir Bruce Campbell at the top of their list?
2: I Spit On Your Grave - Well deserving of the 'nasty' tag. The rape scenes are truly horrifying, but the feminist revenge scenes are just as powerful
3: Cannibal Holocaust - A truly evil film, that everyone should see at least once in their life
4: Zombie Flesh Eaters - A Great film, with lashing of gore. Not to be taken seriously, and with many scenes that will stay in your mind for days/weeks/years after viewing
5: Absurd - A film that lives up to it's name! Much better than 'Anthropophagus'
6: The House On The Edge Of The Park - Even the butchered Vipco release was disturbing. Violence never looked so gratuitous
7: Tenebrae - One of Argento's best. Transsexuals and axe murders. What's not to like?
8: The Beyond - The second Fulci on my list. Surreal and hypnotic
9: Island Of Death - Another gratuitously disturbing film, and I don't just mean the Demis Roussos theme song!
10: The Last House On The Left - Nasty through and through. The only thing that stopped it from being higher on my list as the unnecessary comic relief

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty