Old 8th January 2016, 08:10 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Mad max road fury

Not that i didnt enjoy it, but it part of prime eg of some of the things i tend to complain about, Think they tried to hard and went ott to point is was on border line of pathetic stupid and silly.
the green screen and the cgi was completely ridiculously and cheesy that at times it come across as piss taking and laughable that even the original star wars was done better than this and that was 40yrs ago didnt care about the characters, and scene of where they more interested in to much crash bang silly ridiculous over the top action and violence,
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Would disagree. firstly about 80% of the film was practical and shot in the desert with CG used for some long shots or to make things fit the script. For me there was one piece of CG that didn't work and that was the CG steering wheel flying into the screen which was admittedly awful. I do think complaining that a film like Mad Max went over the top is like complaning a slasher film has too many stabbings. The entire purpose of the film was to create a spectacle and it succeeded. I also felt that the character development was actually pretty good as it told you what you needed to know without the need for stopping the action for long monologues.
I agree with keirarts about this, because I saw Mad Max: Fury Road earlier this week and it was everything I wanted it to be, and more. The choreography of everything to do with the vehicle chases was extraordinary, the design of the vehicles to the carnage which unfolded and the men bouncing from side to side on long poles. The characters were better developed than I expected, as was the acting, and overall for the visual storytelling was clever and spectacular.