View Single Post
Old 9th January 2016, 09:59 PM
Cult Addict

Wer

For 99p in cash gen I started watching this Werewolf movie with low expectations, keeping my fingers crossed that I'd at least get a slice of low budget cheese, something sorely needed after a long, long day. I was pleasantly surprised to find I actually quite rated this one.
Essentially its about a defence team hired to defend an odd bloke from a murder charge. He's a scruffy Romanian immigrant in France and the solicitors first instinct is frame up. The murder in question looks very much like an animal attack and frankly the suspect doesn't seem capable. The movie then shifts gears somewhat into something more action oriented as it turns out he's more than capable and more than human as he publicly transforms and begins killing police prompting a brutal man hunt.
Its weird to find a film on DVD that actually feels like a fresh approach to a stale sub-genre. Werewolves seem to be almost as passe as Vampires and I half expect to see one sparkle in a film sometime soon, at that point I will beg for something that really brings the creature back to its old school roots. For now however this will suffice. Its not perfect, few films are, but its actually bloody entertaining. Certainly the most fun I've had with a werewolf since HOWL.