View Single Post
Old 12th January 2016, 06:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Cannibal Terror (1980)

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to Bizarre_Eye as i suggested his low score of 12/100 was ridiculous and i actually compared this favourably to Burial Ground.

I have no idea what i was thinking when i defended the film. Having watched it again for the first time in about five years i can only agree that it's ****in' rubbish. Even for a Eurocine production, a company i normally like it has to be said, this borders on terrible.

I just can't imagine what i used to find appealing the previous times i've watched it. Could i have been so drunk not to notice the reuse of scenes throughout the movie, the godawful cannibals who actually look like what they are - extras taken from the streets to populate a background, some look like they went to the barbers before shooting. I can't laugh and say the cannibals wore watches or earrings or any of the other errors which pop up in films like Ben Hur, because the film is so damn cheap i doubt anyone involved owned a watch...then there's the cannibal chiefs. Four guys who stand around looking so bored, seriously it's like they were filmed waiting for a bus running forty minutes late.

The acting is piss poor, the dialogue even worse, the plot tedious to the extreme and oh, so slow. Then there's the gore! I mean really, how many livers did the first victim have? I think i counted five being pulled out of the torso at various stages. Then just when you think things can't get any worse along comes the climactic cannibal ceremony...with cars going past in the background.

Cannibal Terror. So bad it's good? No, it's just rubbish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ct.jpg (71.4 KB, 4 views)