View Single Post
Old 4th February 2016, 07:28 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I_Spit_on_Your_Grave_2.jpg

Struggling model Katie needs work but is short on cash to update her portfolio with some new glamour shots when she finds an advert in her local cafe offering free shots. When she shows up to the session she meets three eastern European brothers who try to get her to loose her cloths for the shoot refusing Katie storms out. Later one of the brothers turns up at her apartment and from here her living nightmare begins.

I enjoyed the remake mainly because the revenge felt satisfying and it made up for how grim the rape was but there is a different story here. At certain points it was a rough watch but i kept watching expecting the revenge to be just as satisfying as the last film. For the amount of time we have to endure Katies pain and humiliation her revenge upon her captures was too swift and not brutal enough. After watching almost an hour of a woman get raped , tortured and beaten i want the revenge to fit the crime and surpass it. Revenge by infection,chocking on shit and genital crushing just didnt cut it for me.

3/10