View Single Post
Old 8th February 2016, 10:26 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
If this is supposed to be a list of the best sequels, should I post it twice?
  • Bride of Frankenstein (sequel to 'Frankenstein): Simply the greatest film ever made
  • The Devil's Rejects (sequel to 'House Of 1,000 Corpses'): It is the perfect exploitation movie - evil, violent, sexy, brutal and it contains the best use of 'Freebird' EVER!
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (sequel to 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'): I really don't get the hatred for this film. I love it
  • Zombie Flesheaters (sequel to 'Dawn Of The Dead'): Not much I can say about this film. It's trash, but it's enjoyable trash!
  • Die Hard 2: Die Harder (sequel to 'Die Hard'): A great film. In all honesty, I could have included any of the first three sequels [haven't seen 'a good day to die hard' yet, so cannot comment on it]
  • Aliens (sequel to 'Alien'): The first one left me cold, but with this one, they upped the action, and as a result created one of the best science fiction films made
  • Inferno (sequel to 'Suspiria'): The continuing story of the Three Mothers. The first band I was in was named 'Satan's Inferno' in honour of this film!
  • Bride Of Chucky (sequel to 'Child's Play'): It's not easy for a serious film series to become humorous and 'a self-parody' and succeed. This film does it well
  • Batman Returns (sequel to 'Batman'): Tim Burton's best film - evil and mean spirited
  • Elvira's Haunted Hills (sequel to 'Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark'): There are a couple of reasons why I like this film!!!!!
Wondered if you might wish to change your list as the category is horror sequels and Die Hard, Aliens and Batman Returns don't really fit. (If it was sequels full stop then the Batman film would make my top five easily).

Also can you explain how Zombie Flesh Eaters is the follow up to Dawn of the Dead? A film which clearly has a sequel in Day of the Dead. Don't mistake sequels for rip offs which is something the Italians often do.

Besides the story doesn't even make sense as a sequel to Dawn of the Dead in which the zombies are everywhere come the end of the film. In ZFE, New York and the rest of the US are clear of zombies until the boat moors in the harbour from the island of Matoul. Even the final scenes only show zombies on the footbridge...unless they also drive cars.

In a way it's like saying Mattei's Cruel Jaws is a sequel to Jaws. Just because some rip off Italian dude hopes you'll believe him and go see his film.