View Single Post
Old 9th February 2016, 12:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I've actually got that Hand set with the other three movies on it. Not seen any of them yet though! Is the Carpenter one any good?
Well, it's a TV movie and is certainly not 'cinematic' in the way a lot of people would anticipate a Carpenter movie being... no long tracking shots in cinemascope etc etc. It doesn't feel like it was put together by the same guy who made 'Halloween' the same year. Having said that it's quite Hitchockian as far as its narrative goes, about a woman who moves into a new apartment only to find she's being spied on by a stalker with a few head games up his sleeve etc etc. I mean, nothing about this is going to seem mind blowing these days is it? Well enough done, but a bit flat is how I remember it, but when I watched it, only a few weeks ago, I got distracted halfway through by something a bit odd happening in my house and I couldn't settle back into it because I had to keep checking the telephone (erm, not that I was being stalked by a dude with a telescope and a creepy voice!), so in a roundabout way I guess I'm saying I couldn't concentrate on it well enough to get a good enough grasp of how much I really liked it. I think it's not the strongest film on that set, though.