View Single Post
Old 10th February 2016, 07:57 PM
Cult Addict

Ok gonna try and remember what i've watched recently.
This may take some time.
...and not be particularly coherent.

Birdman

Liked it up to a point, performances good, interestingly shot, well made but kinda amounted to what i expected it to. Mental deterioration as a spectacle.
(bring on the oscar voters)
enjoyed the soundtrack.
Probably being a bit harsh here. 7 1/2 /10

Demented

80's 'I spit on your grave' wannabe without the grime, wanted to enjoy this but the female lead(although easy on the eye) was really irritating.
Liked the hysteria element but didn't amount to much.

6/10

Pranks

Still going through the nasties when i feel the urge, pretty slight all round but did enjoy the ending.

6 1/2 /10

Toxic Zombies/Forest of fear

Another nasty, another dud. I'm on to the dregs now so i don't expect much anyways. Some mildly amusing cheesiness but not much else 5/10

Just before dawn

I expected more from this, had heard good things.
the bad guys just weren't menacing or that interesting to me.
Liked the water scene with the guy having a grope, some good soundtrack choices and the fist down the throat. but other than that not too impressed.

6 1/2 /10

god told me to

This is now my probably favourite Larry cohen film, loved the premise, and was as confused as the lead character throughout.
lots of food for thought, and the final scenes kinda reminded me of the end of the brood with its mutant sexual shenanigans.

9/10

Trilogy of terror

Think this may have been a usa t.v movie or something. One of those things that freaked kids out at the time.
3 stories centred around female characters that are all played by Karen Black.
I enjoyed them all, first one is simple but effective, second kinda predictable but the third is the standout segment.
In this one Karen buys a voodoo fetish totem(basically a wooden figurine that is possessed), she only has to turn her back for a moment and the little guy is on the warpath.
Like a Chucky variation that is actually good, the little bastard is soon ripping the place up like a gremlin on speed.(interestingly i found some of the camerawork a little 'Evil dead' on this one.)
Really enjoyed this film, even the predictable stuff, Karen Black showed some versatility and i actually found her quite sexy at certain moments.
good stuff and worth seeing if u like the old portmanteau style films.

8 1/2/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.