View Single Post
Old 11th February 2016, 12:46 AM
Cult Addict

The Revenant.
I actually watched this on the weekend but have been hoping that after a few days I'd be able to compose my thoughts a bit better.
Its long, its meandering. It takes its time and its not as if there's even much of a story to tell. But i thought it was bloody brilliant.
From what i gather its based on a book telling the supposedly true story of fur trapper Hugh Glass here played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
Severely mauled by a grizzly Glass survives the ordeal just, but is then buried alive and left for dead by fellow trapper Tom Hardy. Managing to crawl from his grave Glass fights to survive and gradually recovers his health as he makes his way across hundreds of miles of unforgiving wilderness pursuing Hardys character.
What really makes this film for me is the absolutely incredible locations and scenery. Spectacularly filmed you can practically feel the snow falling. I've always had a soft spot for DiCaprio all the way back to Titanic and Tom Hardy is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors. But this isn't a film about actors. It's about the visuals. Some of the cinematography is done in a way that seemed so three dimensional it was incredible. I'd highly recommend seeing this on a big screen if you still have opportunity.