View Single Post
Old 17th February 2016, 09:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I watched Possession over the weekend I was left a little disappointed did I miss something

It's genuinely one of my fave films of all time, definitely one of the horror films I like most. It's just got a really off kilter atmosphere, all the communication between the characters is off or distorted somehow, there's Adjani having a kabuki miscarriage in the subway, that German dude who looks like he's always about to start dancing with people, then the whole Lovecraftian octopus shagging angle...There are so many layers to it that might not mean anything or make sense, but make it feel so mysterious. But then again, I've known some people who otherwise really dig surreal horror / Jodorowsky et al to knock it back, so I guess it's really about what pushes yr buttons. If like me you change your mind a lot about films I'd give it another go though, sometimes my willingness to take things in or get into stuff varies a lot with how I'm feeling, and I can (and often do) go from nought to sixty on some flicks just by being less knackered / preoccupied.