View Single Post
Old 4th March 2016, 08:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm not as excited for the Academy release announcements now because I've just thought that they'll probably just be the remaining Fassbinder ones from the box set which we already know are coming.
Damn. Forgot about those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
...which are also foreign subtitled films lol
Hence his winky face, I assume!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Anyone watched all of the American Horror Project films yet?
Yep.

An interesting trio of films for sure.

Witch I've had on DVD for years courtesy of Subversive Cinema but it was great to revisit it again in HD (despite the materials not being fantastic it was certainly an improvement on the DVD).

Malatesta I had never seen before but had wanted to for a while after reading some interesting things about it so I was really eager to check it out (the main reason why I cracked open my set as soon as it arrived really). It didn't disappoint, and its wonky madness was comfortably infecting. A good analogy would be if Tobe Hooper were to have dropped acid and made The Funhouse eight years earlier with some money he found in his sock drawer... then it may very well have been as insane, seedy and nightmarishly good as Malatesta was.

The Premonition started off fairly solidly, but deteriorated as the run-time ticked by turning into nothing more than a by-the-numbers thriller. Worth a look, but definitely the weakest of the set for me.