View Single Post
Old 6th March 2016, 09:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Charlie's Farm (2014)

Four young friends, including forty year old Tara Reid, set off into the Australian outback to seek out the urban legend that is Charlie's Farm. A place where the former occupiers allegedly butchered everyone they came into contact with until they themselves were brutally killed by an angry mob leaving only their young son his own in the wild to survive.

Most Australian horror films i've seen are classy affairs, a couple of steps up from the usual American schlock. Unfortunately Charlie's Farm is just run of the mill slasher fodder that you've seen before...many times.

In fact the film is so cliched and derivative the first hour is practically a parody of backwoods horror. From the urban legend back story, to the inhospitable bar, not forgetting the usual warning from the old timer who witnessed the original events at the farm. Hell the producers even dragged Bill Moseley and Kane Hodder in to add further to the cliches.

The film is only saved due to the final half hour when little Charlie appears, or should i say 7ft, built like a brick shithouse, Charlie, appears. From here on in the film steps up a couple of gears and became a different beast altogether.

The atmosphere becomes weird, the film gets seriously nasty and Charlie gets ****ing sadistic. The kills on offer are excellent. Jaws are torn off, cocks sliced off and heads crushed. Damn! i even jumped at one point. This last act is as grimy and twisted as anything i can recall from recent memory and makes The Green Inferno look like an Attenborough documentary.

Not sure i can recommend Charlie's Farm due to the gobsmackingly cliched, backwoods by numbers first hour, but my overall feeling come the end was satisfied enjoyment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BqeUco-CMAAgpgL.jpg (84.3 KB, 1 views)