View Single Post
Old 19th March 2016, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Deadly Virtues: Love. Honour. Obey. (2014)

This low budget, Indiegogo funded, British effort is a home invasion film with a difference.

The initial premise seems rather run of the mill. A stranger breaks into a house whilst the couple inside are having sex. After overpowering the man, the stranger ties him up and following a bit of torture and finger removal dumps him, still tied, in the bath. Then he moves onto the girl. Here, having the whole weekend to himself or should i say their selves, the intruder plays out a long game of fear, obedience and intimacy.

Although the film doesn't sport much in the way of actual violence, the story has a sadistic but slightly weird air throughout. The atmosphere is thick with a smog of kinkiness i found difficult to shake off. Maybe it was the various Japanese bondage techniques on show during the first half? Perhaps it was the feeling of a shared experience with the characters and not always with the victims - the result of fine acting and a sharp script.

I found the whole film worked really nicely for me. The three main (only) characters were believable (probably, i haven't been in such a situation) and attitudes and sympathies towards them swung constantly between the three thanks to intelligent script that answered all questions it posed by the credits.

Thankfully i didn't see the end coming at all so found the whole movie a nicely satisfying and rewarding experience.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deadly-virtues-love-honour-obey.jpg (91.2 KB, 7 views)