View Single Post
Old 25th March 2016, 06:41 PM
Cult Addict

Working my way through recent viewings a bit at a time.

The Grey, 2011, Joe Carnahan.

An oil drilling crew flying home at the end of the season crash land in the merciless Alaskan wilderness. On top of the freezing blizzard conditions the men very soon become the prey of the regions grey wolves.
Fortunately for this band of roughnecks among their number is none other than Liam Neeson a man with a very particular set of skills.😊
See he plays John Ottway, a hunter employed by the oil company to protect the workers from the constant threat of wild animals in the area.
Of course even with Brian Mi...i mean John Ottway on hand the wolves very quickly gain the upper hand, picking the men of one at a time.
And therein lies the problem i found. These men crash in the middle of nowhere, hundreds of miles of snowy wilderness. There's only half a dozen of them vs. a seemingly endless army of wolves, so why do the wolves craftily pick them off one at a time like a damn slasher villain? Well I'll tell you, because otherwise this film would be done in about 15 mins. That said i did enjoy The Grey. It was quite slow, certainly compared to director Joe Carnahans previoud effort the rollicking action update The A - Team. Not sure i'd really recommend it but the scenery is stunning, Neeson is good value as ever and if like me you've a soft spot for man vs. nature flicks then its worth a shot.