View Single Post
Old 30th March 2016, 07:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Chosen Survivors (1974)

Chosen Survivors (1974)
Nuclear war is upon the planet,bad luck.A group of superior humans have been chosen to live in a nuclear bunker good luck.They share the underground bunker with vampire bats.very bad luck,And just what you all ways want in a bomb shelter is a message every so often from there friendly government representative,telling you what to do. As with most of these type of movies are unhappy band of survivors are about as likable as open cesspit. So basically you have ten people stuck in a underground bunker arguing with each other until they start getting bumped off by some bats., But wait there is a twist in the tale,,no spoiler here move along.Good job to as the plot of this film is so paper thin it needed something else,unfortunately not even the revelation adds anything to the proceedings.If your familiar with Xavier Gens The Divide,its just like that but with very little happening.In fact I hate to be so negative about the film,Cinematography is great,the films sets and minimal effects are all very good even the flying bat attacks are pretty well handled.Unfortunately it just is not enough to make the film very interesting,None of the characters are very likable,so your not really routing for any one (except the bats) your just thinking hurry up bays kill another one of these feckless idiots.The director Sutton Roley (1922–2007) does what he can with the material but theirs very little he can do to interject any excitement into the proceedings. He himself was pretty prolific as a television director in 1970's and 80's. Chosen Survivors does have a unique story,but it fails to be fun or enjoyable and for this viewer it became almost a chore to watch,by the end I to felt I had all my blood drained.

Bats1.jpg