View Single Post
Old 31st March 2016, 06:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Muck (2015)

Hopefully this review doesn't come across as randomly garbled as the film in question does.

I really can't remember the last time i saw anything like this. Muck was a film that appeared to have no story as such and came across as random scenes simply thrown together.

Characters come and go. One chap with an injury, last seen laying on a couch swigging bourbon is next seen twenty minutes later being murdered by some weird white characters. Imagine the Inspector and MTDS after they'd had a half naked scrap in flour and you'll see why i say weird. No explanations as to the who's and why's they just randomly appear. In fact one sequence shows them attacking a girl next to a car, the next second the car is on it's roof and they've all gone or are perhaps under said car. As i said, bugger all is explained.

Some of the acting is woeful and at other times it's not too bad...in fact i'll stop there and suggest the film was actually made by two crews. One, a fairly competent film crew and cast including a bunch of Miss Buttcheeks USA pageant winners, and Christ! Thanks to the director of photography don't we know it. Scene after scene of pretty girls and one guy, who for no reason other than, no, forget that, for no reason, simply take it in turns to stand in front of mirrors and take their clothes off. Anyway that's digressing. The minute this first film crew downs tools for the night it seems a bunch of kids take over and pretty much just film themselves arsing about. Add this to an editor who clearly had **** all knowledge of his job or left the blooper reels in the film. I really don't know, or care. You decide.

Muck is the finest example of car crash film making i can recall. It really is that bad, i just couldn't take my eyes off it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muck.jpg (72.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 31st March 2016 at 10:38 PM.