View Single Post
Old 7th April 2016, 07:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
my copy of bride of re-animator came through the post. Been a strange old wait since second sight originally announced it a few years back. Then for whatever reasons arrow took over the rights. Then they went awfully quiet about it, so quiet I ended getting the german steelbook . I am massive re-animator fan so I seem to have amassed the film and it's sequels on various formats throughout the years. As for arrow's 3 disc set, the packaging looks very nice with Gary Pullin artwork, there's a few new extras. I wont get a chance to watch it till tomorrow night, i doubt the picture will be any different as the film always looked like it was shot on an old video camera. Nice to see the prequel comic in graphic novel form been after reading this for years , it's nicely illustrated but a rather dull pulp adventure that does'nt feel part of the re-animator film universe. As for the film itself it might win a few new fans, it was never going to be as good as the first but it's always good to see Jeffrey Combs as Herbert West , a fun return by dr Carl Hill , some over the top dialogue and some old school practical effects. Pity they did'nt keep original prologue in that bridged gap between movies and beyond re-animator could have been put on as a extra.
Does the artwork look any better in the flesh mate?