View Single Post
Old 16th November 2009, 09:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I Am Sartana Your Angel Of Death

The second official Sartana film isn't quite as good as If You Meet Sartana... but is nonetheless great stuff. Sartana's gadgets are upped from the first film amd there are great value appearences from Frank Wolff and Klaus Kinski (as a bounty hunter who is also the unluckiest gambler ever!). Giuliano Carnimeo is not as assured and precise a film-maker as Gianfranco Parolini, but he nonetheless comes up with some great scenes and lovely 'scop photography. Very enjoyable indeed.

Have a Good Funeral, My Friend... Sartana Will Pay

Another slight drop in quality, but still a good one. Gianni Garko is now sporting a spectacular moustache as Sartana. The plot is so convoluted as to become hilarioous and the silly gadgets and gimmicks are just great (sharpened playing cards used like shuriken!). Top drawer entertainment AND the utterly ravishing Helga Liné with her lovely red hair in glorious colour!

Jigsaw

Loops's condemnation of this film made me cautious, but I figured I had the thing I might as well watch it. For a low, low, low budget Full Moon shot-on-video job I found it actually pretty intriguing. Acting was a very mixed bag but the story was interesting and the action fairly suspenseful. "What was Loops on about?" I wondered. Then it happened. It just ended. Without an actual ending! It just stops. The idea of this film was good enough that it deserved more work. The end (or lack of) totally ruins what could have been a gem. A terrible shame.