View Single Post
Old 10th April 2016, 04:04 PM
Cult Addict

What the peeper saw

I have to admit I had no idea this one was directed by Andrea Bianchi!
Britt Ekland stars as the young bride to a middle aged widower who goes to live with him and his young son in Spain.
Pretty soon she's getting creeped out by her hubbies son who has come home after being suspended from school, he's a bit of a perv and tries groping Britt but then how can you really blame him? Things take a darker turn as it looks more & more likely that he killed his mother.
This is a film that would be unlikely to fly today given some of the plot elements including a sequence where Britt interrogates the boy while stripping off. Things also get a bit weirder and its suggested that it might be Britt that's going mad. The films lacks a real pace or sleaziness to make it a classic but its totally serviceable and the ending is nuts.

Giallo

Had anyone but Argento directed this its reputation would be one of a mid-level quality Giallo with a few interesting ideas thrown in that don't always work as they should. However watch it as an Argento movie and the review reverts to this....

shit.jpg

honestly thoudh, second time around and I have to say on its own merit its alright. Having Brody play the killer and the Detective was a nice idea and it has some genuine sadism in places but it just feels flat and lifeless and lacks any od the passion or drive of something like Deep red.