View Single Post
Old 17th April 2016, 07:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Scotland Yard Mystery is actually pretty good. At the centre is a plot of murder and is really an early living dead film. It's quietly suspenseful with a macabre streak of very black humour running through it.Picture wise it's very good and has awesome artwork.

I think when you come to watch it or indeed buy it you have to realize it was made in 1934.

I do have it and have watched it. Here's a pic of the inner artworks featuring it's US title The Living Dead.

I have House of Darkness but not watched it yet.

If you would like some recommendations feel free to ask. I have almost fifty now. I love these old British films, well the mystery, crime and spooky ones anyway.

Actually i feel i can safely recommend The Night Has Eyes with James Mason. It's a brilliant old dark house chiller. JHarker loved it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Thanks, The Scotland Yard Mystery definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy. I wasn't aware of the US title, and probably wouldn't have had second thoughts if I had. Thanks for the recommendation!

I did see your Network collection in another thread, it's certainly very impressive. I think I have around 20 titles (blu-ray & DVD).
As Dikey says BAKA, The Night Has Eyes really is excellent. A brilliantly atmospheric old film. And the dvd is superb.