View Single Post
Old 21st April 2016, 05:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Creatures the World Forgot (1971)

Creatures the World Forgot aka Carry On Follow That Mamouth aka Is that a Saber Tooth Tiger In Your Loin Cloth or are You Just Glad To See Me ? (1971)

I suppose the good thing about the prehistoric era is that no one really knows what happened on a daily basis,I mean for all we know the women all wore furry bikini's and the men tooth necklaces.One thing im sure of no one at Hammer Studios had a clue either.This is your every day story of two bothers ,Tony Bonner as Toomak and Robert John as Rool and there bitter rivalry to lead the tribesmen,The story is of course bollocks, but luckily there is enough grunting and fighting to keep the action flowing.I mean your not watching a Hammer movie about cavemen for its insight into man's evolutionary history,if you are boy you need help. What Creatures lacks in depth makes up for in looks,shot on location in Namibia and South Africa. the film if nothing else looks fantastic,although I would imagine all that sand would chaff around the more intimate areas of the actors loin cloths. Its fair to say that amongst all the men,who all seem to bare a remarkable likeness to Roy Wood from Wizard there is some eye candy in the form of Julie Ege as Nala, alright she in no Raquel Welch granted but you had to get what you were given back then.Written by Michael Carreras,it would be a lie to say that there wasn't a plot and a story,its just that I lost interest and was it more fun coming up with my own diagolue and story ,which got considerably X rated at one point.Which leads me to the certificate given to its dvd release,it has been classified as an 18 cert? In the States it had a GP Rating when released there,not sure what it was given in the UK back in 1971,(anyone know ?) .I assume this is down to some animal cruelty in the film,nothing compared to Cannibal Holocaust of course but there it is never the less.I think you have to be a hardcore Hammer fan to get any enjoyment from this film and you certainly got to like there previous efforts One Million Years B.C. (1966) (also directed by Don Chaffey), Slave Girls (1967) and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970) to before attempting to view Creature,UGH UNGAWA.CAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVEEEE MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg creatures_the_world_forgot_fb_04.jpg (103.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg creatures_the_world_forgot_poster_01.jpg (102.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg creatures_the_world_forgot_poster_02.jpg (99.0 KB, 3 views)