View Single Post
Old 4th May 2016, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
(Disclaimer: I am prepared to cop A LOT of flack for this)

I'm always surpised by the opinions on US comedy, but more often than not I find I'm the one with unpopular opinions.

In my opinion:
South Park is only good when its current with events and the older seasons have dated terribly and most references fall flat.
Sienfield is the most overrated show ever and I have never laughed at it once.
The Big Bang Theory is absolutely painful and artificial and it shocks me so many people find it funny. Sure I don't find Sienfield funny but I can appreciate how others would. This however, I do not know.

Is there something I'm missing? I love classic Simpsons and all of Futurama, and I howl laughing at Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn Nine Nine, and the US Office certainly has its great moments. Probably should also say I quite enjoy Friends when its on.
South Park is trash. Always was. Couldn't agree more on The Big Bang Theory, despise the show and feel the similar about 30 Rock too. I've never taken to Futurama, just lacks the spark The Simpsons once had. Sienfield also i don't find at all funny.
And i like the way you say Friends when its on. I enjoy it when it comes on even if its an episode I've seen a dozen times. But now its had its run its not a show i would ever purposely put on to watch. All this said there aren't really that many British comedies i have a lot of time for either.