View Single Post
Old 12th May 2016, 11:24 PM
Cult Addict

I do like James Stewart.
Always watchable.

In general i prefer interesting character actor types like Harry dean stanton, Brad Douriff, Dennis Hopper, Guy Pierce, Jeremy Irons, Gary Oldman, Jeff Bridges, Patrick Magoohan, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Donald Pleasance, Malcolm Mcdowell, Donald Sutherland, Emily Watson, Cillian Murphy.

People who can pop up and steal a film and have a bit of an unpredictability about them.

People like Peter Cushing And Boris Karloff are my favoutive horror stars, equally good at being Kind and gentle and sinister and evil.

Depp is very good when he's good, Pitt and Hardy can be very good, Fassbinder is pretty interesting at the moment, i also like Sam Riley presently.

Scarlett Johansson can just do whatever she wants i don't mind, but "Under the skin" was a pretty out there choice for a big star.

I think Mia Mia Wasikowska is a really interesting little actress at the moment and Saoirse Ronan.

Some of the above have given dodgy performances at times, but they are usually interesting to watch even on a bad day.

Most of my favourite films are "star" less.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.