Old 19th May 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just seen tim Burton trailer for Alice in wonderland sorry dont fancy it
Films like these the same constant actors and the characters are ott characters (yes the characters are different and wacky but done in the wrong perspective and to bright and colourfull and silly ott at times a kinda ott not in the same sense but like when jim carey goes overboard and it ends up ruining the characters. If that makes sense.

Tim burton good but his remakes etc are god damn awful and terrible
Planet of the apes
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Alice in wonderland
All awful imo keep away from remakes and stick to what he knows best

Q? Without cheating why there never been a sequel to charlie and the chocolate factory?
I think you mean Alice Through the Looking Glass, which I think it's quite good though I'll hold judgement until I see it myself. I wasn't overly enamoured with Alice in Wonderland, but it's a really well-designed film with some great performances.

I've yet to see the Planet of the Apes remake, but also liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a film which is faithful to the source material). As far as I know, there isn't a sequel, but would be interested to see him do Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with the same cast (due to Christopher Lee's person, there would obviously be no flashbacks to Willy Wonka's childhood).