View Single Post
Old 29th May 2016, 11:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Snowtown

So many things i could say about his film i don't know where to start,
But first thing ill say is give me films like this over a good 80/90 of films today.
its based on a true story of people who committed crimes and murders against mainly peodophiles one of those films that prove you dont need violence/action/gore/big bucks/ cgi/actors/and any other malarkey that most films that get made these days think you need especialy the Hollywood Blockbuster films.
The film is made plain and simple with very little going on, its tells the story of a mother and her children get into the wrong crowd of peodophile haters and killers, the film is more based on people feelings, emotions, and how most people feel against scum of society like peodophiles, except they dont talk about it they do it, what you see in the film is very little its more about the imagination of whats going on and what you dont see. But what you do see it kept to a bare minimum,
The film is potraid and made extremely well and made to pull you in and give the film a grim and disturbing feel to it, and doesnt let go.
The music score is also fantastic and help the tonne of the film give it that disturbing feel to it and how music can play a big part in the film if the score right and not just some random song or record playing in the background from a artist who had lots of hits in the charts,
Overall i give the film 9 out of 10 only thing that stops me from giving it a 10 is i would like to have known about how they got round to getting found out and caught, the write up at the end mainly tells you what police discovered and what they got sentenced for their parts in the killings.
If you havent seen the film then dig it out you wont regret it.