View Single Post
Old 1st June 2016, 07:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Admittedly both are worth buying and indeed i will do, but which first.

Craze or Give Us Tomorrow???

Has anyone got these? Are they both recommended? Which is best?

I have Craze pure British trash.

This film was totally new to me,before I had only seen its faded jacket on some video shop shelve back in the past,or the odd picture of Jack Palance wielding an axe in some horror review book. And after watching it I find it hard to compare it to any other film from that period,maybe a touch of the Pete Walkers about it with a touch of Dan Curtis Trilogy of Terror episode "Amelia" with its Zuni fetish doll. Craze was directed by Freddie Francis who as a cinematographer had a very illustrious career, but as a Director its been a bit hit or miss,with Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly and The Ghoul being some of the high lights while The Doctor and the Devils and Legend of the Werewolf being a bit on the MEH side,with Craze falling somewhere in the middle. The cast if nothing else is pretty impressive Jack Palance, Diana Dors ,Julie Ege ,Hugh Griffith ,Trevor Howard ,Suzy Kendall and David Warbeck are all in there some where,chewing on the edge of various bits of scenery.I have to say Diana Dors was in splendid slutty form flouncing about being the randy landlady slugging down gob fulls of brandy in eager anticipation of some rump pump with mad Jack.Also Julie Ege does a splendid job of falling for the psychotic sexual charms of crazy Jack.On the whole I did enjoy craze,it had that undefinable 1970's scuzzy quality which you some times get from the bargain basement end of British cinema. Obviously Jack Palance made this in his wilderness years while in Europe,before he regained his status back in America in the 1980's.I suppose Freddie remembered bad Jack from Torture Garden segment The Man Who Collected Poe,and thought AHA we need a mentalist,ill phone Palance.