View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection

This collection of newly remastered Looney Tunes cartoons are available on Dvd and Blu-Ray and of course are released through Warner Bros .Each set has 50 cartoons over two discs with the third disc having the majority of the extras on.Most of the extras are alternative Audio commentaries and some behind the scenes footage.Some of the cheaper release come without the third extra disc,so you pays your money and takes your choice.Now there is no real surprises in theses sets if your a fan already then you may have lots of these Looney Tunes compilation dvds knocking around already,as they are on the whole good fun and usually very cheap.First of my main interest was the Blu Ray versions as I was very intrigued to see what they would look like in Hi-Def and secondly was the remastering going to be any different than the already familiar releases we have all seen before.Also 150 cartoons over what would be six discs not including the third disc with the extras on,was pretty good going and certainly a great addition to any one's collection. First off I have no idea what the criteria is for the running order,its not done by the year of release or by alphabetical name,so I have no idea who or how the running order was chosen.As for the picture quality of the cartoons on the Blu Ray editions well I have not a clue what the technical terminology would be so I will keep it simples.So far the ones I have watched look absolutely excellent,no faded colours,or print damage or artefact damage on the prints,so what ever they did,the remastering worked a treat (although I suspect they would not of needed that much tinkering with,but i am no expert).All in all im very happy with this collection,so much so I gave my dvd collection of Warner Bros to a charity shop,happy in the knowledge that this new collection will serve me well,and perhaps someone will get some joy from my old dvds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81XJdGkdAkL._SL1500_.jpg (90.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 911fJzFwvPL._SL1500_.jpg (94.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 71iiBFN-bdL._SL1049_.jpg (92.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 2nd June 2016 at 09:40 PM.