View Single Post
Old 6th June 2016, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm all for getting the best available version of a film and I haven't got around to watching Zombie Holocaust from 88 yet... but really... I'm sure Severins release will be slightly better but will it be a whole lot better?
Yeah, it's got the crappy Dr Butcher version which if you've never seen you will watch once and never again and the pit scene with someones back yard fence in it, but the amount of times this film will ever be in my Blu Ray player over the next ten years you can count using 1 finger, okay, maybe 2!

Severin did do a sterling job with Demons, no question, but Tenebrae is not fantastically better than the Arrow version really and if you didn't already know which disc was playing you'd be hard pushed to tell definitively by just looking at my 50 inch screen. If you have a 100 inch screen then maybe so.

People are already saying Beyond the Darkness will look far better from Severin and 88 haven't even started the re-master yet, let alone extra clean up. How the duck does anyone know that? 88 also clearly stated that any extra money would go into cleaning up the image as far as possible, making these releases as best as the money will allow, it was the fans who started bleating on that now they hit 50 K there should be another film added to the roster and that should be included as part of their initial perk. Jeez, get a life. And extras...I must have a 1000 hours of extras I've never even glanced at, let alone watched, it's the film I want to see not some old geezer reminiscing how some director told him life is stranger than fiction blah, blah, blah...plane crash...bodies in trees... blah, blah.. Yes Warbeck, looking at you!

People seem very eager to slap them down before they even know what they're getting. I was happy for my perk to have got me 2 films when I first pledged, I hoped for three and thought four was a bit out of range. I'm more than happy with how it turned out. Lets wait and see before we condemn.. hey?