View Single Post
Old 20th November 2009, 01:33 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

He Knows You're Alone

An entertaining enough crime thriller horror thing. Very derivative, some decent performances, occasionally clunky...yeah, I liked it.

Night Child/Night Hair Child/What The Peeper Saw

A very frustrating film. It is founded upon the germ of a fine idea. From that basic idea, however, is piled a ghastly exercise in utter incoherent ineptitude. This film is a total mess. The camerawork is clumsily amateurish, the pacing is all over the place adding to the general air of confusion, editing often seems arbitrary and the dialogue is toe-curlingly bad.

And then there are the performances.

Whoever thought it a good idea casting Britt Ekland and Mark Lester as the leads, expecting them to carry this piece was deluded to a quite frightening level. I can't immediately recall two leads who are so robotic, indifferent and incompetent being allowed so much of the film. There is no effort to make up their slack. It becomes quite painful to watch.

It is tempting to say that this is one of the very worst films I have ever seen but that core idea is a really very good one. I have never been driven to say this before, but I really think this is an ideal candidate for a remake. However, the world is now a different place and hysterical paranoia over the depiction of children even in fictional film means that no-one would touch the project with a ten foot pole.

Of interest only as a curio, but by God it's bad!