View Single Post
Old 26th June 2016, 07:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Top 10 Screen Deaths.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - Major Toht's face melts.

Scream (1996) - The whole opening scene was the scariest thing i've ever seen at the cinema as Drew Barrymore is taunted then gutted by the Ghost Face killer.

Jaws (1975) - 'Smile you son of a bitch'. With the Orca rapidly sinking, Chief Broady has one shot to dispatch the shark.

Zombie (1979) - Auretta Gay gets her throat bitten out. Still the grossest most realistic kill in Fulci's canon.

Jaws (1975) - The opening scene...that ominous music...the lone girl swimming...

Don’t Look Now (1973) - You spend the whole film chasing your supposedly dead daughter through the canal ways of Venice only to discover it's actually a psychopathic dwarf who slashes your neck.

Saw II (2005) - The pit of needles...just ouch!

Marley and Me (2008) - The most affecting death i've ever seen on screen as Marley is put to sleep at the vets. Owen Wilson's performance is stunning. I watched this one Christmas with my mum and dad. We were all in floods of tears. I threw the film in the bin straight after. (Pic is not of said scene)

Day of the Dead (1985) - The death of the sadistic Captain Rhodes. Gut wrenching!

I'm going to leave it at nine as i'm sure there's something i've missed.
Your first three are brilliant choices Dem. I like that its the shark itself and not Quint that you picked.