View Single Post
Old 13th July 2016, 11:24 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've just looked online and Insurrection was released in 1998, probably around the time when the Spaced episodes were being written (I think the quote was from 'Chaos'), so maybe Simon Pegg wasn't a fan at the time! I haven't seen all of the 'original' series of films (I'm five episodes into the first series), just the first two and the fourth, which I thought was rubbish at the time.

That said, I think I watched it on TV probably around 1990 when I hadn't seen any other Star Trek films or episodes, so it's not exactly an educated opinion.
I'm no expert either. Although i own all the films and watched them more than once, i even saw 1,6,8 and 9 at the cinema. As far as the tv series goes, i own 2 out of 3 seasons of the original and 3 out of 4 seasons of Enterprise. I owned the Borg episodes in a vhs box set from both The Next Generation and Voyager and the Voyager episode where Seven of Nine fights The Rock in a Blood Sport type episode.

I have seen a lot of The Next Generation when it originally aired but thought it was way too moralistic for my taste and Voyager just too irritating.

As for Deep Space 9, i've not actually seen a single episode. I went to a Cult TV convention when it was at the peak of it's powers and two episodes introducing Worf to the series in a huge space battle were going to get their UK premier there on the big screen much to my three mates glee. However as it was my turn to drive and it took bleedin' hours to get there, plus a heavy intake of alcohol i fell asleep at our table as the opening credits rolled and never caught a minute of it. Woke up as it finished and carried on partying the rest of the night.

Little did i know i was the only one who slept through it and the convention camera crew captured my snoring self, much to my friends delight and replayed it the next day on the big screen as a piss take highlight of the previous evening. Bastards! The lot of em! Two thousand people thought it funny though.