View Single Post
Old 25th July 2016, 08:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, I'm on a bit of a slasher kick at the moment - I blame the hot weather! A lot of them are pretty poor, but there's still plenty of entertainment to be found. Tulpa was a nice change of pace though to the '70s and '80s low budget nonsense. A nice blend of eroticism and gialli and I lapped up all the style over substance aesthetic. It will be one I'll probably pick up eventually.

I felt like something a little more light-hearted on Sunday so opted to re-watch Hitch's 2 hr+ long communist epic Torn Curtain.

High praise indeed for The Witch! I may actually save my viewing of it for around Halloween as I think the mood will enhance this one even more... it seems a fair wait, although I do have a stack of stuff to watch in the meantime and want to get the new room sorted too in order to start enjoying the 'film experience' more again. I've also saved Symptoms for the same reason.
I enjoyed Tulpa too. Glad you think it's worth picking up at some point.

Torn Curtain and i didn't really get along when i watched it a few years back for the first time. I found it a bit boring to be honest.

I wish i could save The Witch for Decemberdike now. It would be perfect for Christmas Eve. Although *spoiler alert* it is set about now - early September as there is a failing corn crop shown. *Spoilers finished*