View Single Post
Old 25th July 2016, 08:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Torn Curtain and i didn't really get along when i watched it a few years back for the first time. I found it a bit boring to be honest.
I couldn't really get into it first time, but second time around I did take to it a lot more, although it's far from top-tier Hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wish i could save The Witch for Decemberdike now. It would be perfect for Christmas Eve. Although *spoiler alert* it is set about now - early September as there is a failing corn crop shown. *Spoilers finished*
Yes, the time it is set was another reason why I was considering maybe watching it sooner rather than later (as well as being hyped and impatient of course!) I think autumnal October will work just as well though - not that I want to garner a reputation as being an 'October-Eye' or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Torn Curtain gets a lot of stick,and its not top Hitchcock but its certainly a worth while watch,and dare I say gets better on repeated viewings,now Topaz on the other hand.
Yeah, Topaz is pretty dull - ditto Under Capricorn. I'd also agree that Torn Curtain is definitely worth a watch even if it is a bit of a slog at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
The witch,I found boring and over hyped,needless to say it will be going to CEX for exorcism.
Sorry to hear that you didn't rate The Witch, Inspector. Hopefully it'll be successfully CEXorcised from your personage.