View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Don't know whether to get the female scorpion boxset now, I overlooked the Killer Dames one to save up for the female scorpion, fancied taking a gamble and get some more japanese films in my collection but not sure with the apparent problems with the transfer , should i play it safe and get killer dames, I do already have the black cat and death walks twice sets

Gialli's i like have been bava, and things like giallo in the vern of strange vice of mrs wards and What have you done to solange , forbidden Photos... and all of Fulci's apart from Lizards Skin.

Do you guys think I will like the two films in the killer dames set?
Difficult to say. I personally also love all the films you mentioned (except Forbidden Photos which I think is a little mediocre), however Lizard is my favourite Fulci and one of my favourite gialli too.

The Killer Dames set includes Red Queen which is also one of my favourite gialli, however whilst I enjoy Evelyn it's not a favourite of mine. It's also not really a giallo in the traditional sense and actually has more in common with Bava's supernatural / gothic works so you may actually enjoy it a fair bit going off your comments above - it's a little less 'polished' than a lot of Bava's films though.

I suppose you could always wait for the stand-alone releases and pick them up cheap in a future sale, although as you own the Black Cats and Death Walks Twice sets already, for me, Killer Dames is the best of three (there's not really a lot in it though).