View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 09:53 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't be too sure yet... I think Kevin wanted to take Eureka in new directions with the 'Eureka Classics' imprint with titles such as Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream, Ganja & Hess, The Man Who Could Cheat Death, The Other, The Skull, The Town that Dreaded Sundown etc. He was also a big advocator of Eureka's 'Monster Pictures' incarnation which released stuff like The ABCs of Death and The Human Centipede films. Plus, in all the years I've read his various input and conversed with him (albeit sporadically) he's always been a very refreshing and pleasant character with obvious passion for what he does, so I'd say we're in for some potentially interesting times ahead.

There are also rumours going around that Eureka may have struck a deal with Sony UK, which could mean that Arrow have too - this could mean we'd see titles like The Big Heat, Bunny Lake is Missing, Body Double, Christine, Fright Night etc. get UK releases.
I hope he has been brought in for titles like those you mentioned rather than the 'traditional' Eureka/Masters of Cinema films which are masterpieces, but either best dealt with by Eureka or Criterion. There is a lot of potential for some fascinating and varied titles, which will probably be very expensive for consumers who, like me, much prefer to own those shiny plastic discs!