Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 11:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I recently bought the Bluray of OEG's "Uncut Theatrical Version" of Shout at the Devil and am pissed off to see it is cut!

In the original version Fleicher the German officer attacks Flynn O'Flynns home, Lalapanzi while he and Sebastian are out hunting elephants. (Reinhard Kolldehoff, Lee Marvin and Roger Moore.)
Rosa's baby is wrenched from her hands and handed to Fleicher who then throws the baby onto the burning roof of the house.

In this "uncut" version the baby is taken from her but you do not see it handed to Fleicher or thrown on the roof, instead as soon as the baby is taken it cuts to Rosa sobbing saying, "You killed my baby!"

It is a pivotal scene as Rosa's hatred of Fleicher and what he did now drives her to extremes in search of revenge, without it the film doesn't make sense.

Okay, it's only a cut of a few seconds, maybe 5 in total, but it jarred me for the whole film and I had my wife asking me what happened as the cut is quite sudden and obvious.

How are they allowed to state it is uncut when it isn't? I know it isn't because I have seen the uncut version in the cinema. Well pissed off!!