Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 28th July 2016, 03:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
That's a good point - and I'm not sure that my strategy of "wait until the price drops" is really a good one.

Since I've gone multi-region, I've bought 99% of my RA blus via Amazon (usually from AYM), and haven't used Diabolik at all. My want list is that large that I'm in no particular rush to buy anything specific, and rarely buy anything day 1 (can't afford it for starters). But whilst I can get SF titles easily enough through Amazon, I'm wondering about other labels. CR titles seem to go for quite a bit on Ebay too and aren't listed as frequently, so that's not really a viable option.

Perhaps if I don't want to lose out nor get scalped, I have no choice but to bite the bullet and order day 1 for CR titles - or use other suppliers such as Strange Vice?
I've pretty much bought all of my CR discs through Diabolik, however they only tend to get them in waves of a few titles at a time over a span of a couple of weeks and the prices certainly never drop. Diabolik's shipping is also fairly high, however if you combine a few titles together it becomes a lot better, plus they package well, ship fast and are customs friendly. Bill sells his discs direct from his Big Cartel page but unfortunately no longer offers international shipping, so therefore the only way to buy from him direct if you're overseas is through a re-shipping company - whereby you have it shipped to the re-shippers US address at your expense and they then forward it on using one of their varying postage options.

Screen Archives also stock a selection of CR titles - these tend to be exclusive to them though and will not show up on Diabolik, however unlike Diabolik they take all the stock at once (rather than 50 units here and there) so the titles are up on their site all the time until they sell out.

Any CR sold via Amazon / eBay are via third party sellers and some of the prices they fetch are insane so they're best avoided all together if you can help it!

For the majority of my non-CR NA imports I will use AYM or other marketplace sellers. I've been pretty impressed with WOWHD recently too.

It's weird because I generally don't like paying more than about £12 for an import Blu, however will (happily?!) pay £20 odd for a CR release...