View Single Post
Old 29th July 2016, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Never seen The Wicker Tree, but I enjoyed Jonah Hex. I have to laugh whenever someone says a film is terrible, or even the worst film they've ever seen. I can get enjoyment out of anything I watch. They're films. Entertainment, and I'm entertained when I watch them. That's why other peolple's opinions of films mean nothing to me when I'm deciding to watch something (or not).
...but surely you've seen films that you haven't enjoyed, or equally seen films that you enjoy more than others so must be able to relate to some degree? As for people's opinions, I guess it depends what you're into, but I'm always looking for recommendations on what to watch and expand my viewing horizons, what with cinema being so diverse and interesting, whether from a lot of the good folk on here or other places I visit - otherwise I may not have seen a lot of the films I've checked out over the years.

As for The Wicker Tree, you ain't missing much. I think in its defense though it's tarred by The Wicker Man brush so is not easy for people to separate and therefore will always fall short in comparison. If it was a stand-alone film with no Wicker Man ties, who knows it may have been received slightly more positively... however then there's the fact of people not even checking it out at all. I for one was more curious to see it based on its 'Wicker' connection.